Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Metamorphosis

[met-uh-mawr-fuh-sis]

  1. Biology. a profound change in form from one stage to the next in the life history of an organism, as from the caterpillar to the pupa and from the pupa to the adult butterfly.Compare complete metamorphosis.
  2. A complete change of form, structure, or substance, as transformation by magic or witchcraft.
  3. Any complete change in appearance, character, circumstances, etc.
  4. A form resulting from any such change.
  5. Pathology. A type of alteration or degeneration in which tissues are changed i.e: the fatty metamorphosis of the liver; the resultant form.
  6. Botany. the structural or functional modification of a plant organ or structure during its development.
It was mentioned to me last night, that when I referred to Wilderness Festival as a metamorphic event this year it was so in more ways than one.

Yes, it was my impetus to make my ass smaller. But it was also a place of change reflection for others.

Festivals are places where you go to not be yourself. You dance and laugh and eat and sing. You dress up and be someone you are not normally. You also experience ideas and thoughts, emotions and revelations. And smelly toilets. I hate festival toilets!

Change 1: For my WifeJac (@sushi_junki) it was a place where she has finally committed to going back to university to get her masters. In Australia. She will see my parents more often than I do!

Change 2: Her course of choice? Entomology. The study of bugs. Now I hate bugs, but she loves them.....she is a little freaky that way, but I love her like a insane younger sister. 

Change 3: The Friday night headliner was Bjork. A woman who I have long admired musically. This album didn't really do it for me though as it was a breakup album. And what is a breakup all about? It is another metamorphosis.

Change 4: The Hussyband (@GerryLondon) shaved off his glorious sideburns. This change I do not like at all as it makes him look younger than me (yes, he is anyway, but he doesn't have to LOOK it!) AND I now have nothing on his face to grab onto. This is a sad thing. OK, and a first world problem.

Some people see change as a bad thing. But if we don't change we don't grow. And if we don't grow we just end up really fucking boring. So come on people. It is time to embrace change!


Note: Hulk image sourced from http://www.comicvine.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment