Monday, September 14, 2015

Packing It

No, I am not shitting myself (yet) but with three sleeps until I go to hospital I am starting to pack my bag...and unpack...and repack...it's like going on holiday, without the resulting tan and hangovers!

Based on what I am reading on the forums, my essentials for the bag will be as follows:

  • My own pillow (also helps shield your belly in the car on the way home)
  • Nightie/pj's - now I usually sleep nekkid, so just wearing loose yoga pants and a cami
  • Dressing gown
  • Slippers/slip on shoes for walking around the wards and to wear home....so realistically - I will wear thongs to the hospital and wander in those....
  • Toiletries - shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush/paste, body wash
  • Antibacterial wipes
  • Hairbrush and bands
  • Phone + Charger
  • Kindle fully loaded with books
  • Ipad + Charger + clamp to use it as a screen so I don't have to hold it
  • Headphones
  • A power board - as there are never enough power points
  • Undies, bra and something to wear home that is loose and comfortable
  • Lip balm
  • All my meds (inhalers and vitamins....)
  • Eye mask and ear plugs (hospitals are noisy places any time of the day and night)
That should cover it I would think.

Anything you have ever wished you had taken to hospital with you my friends? Other than someone else to get stuck with the needles of course!

PS: Still hoping my gastric sleeve plushie pillow will arrive in time! 




1 comment:

  1. loved it as always! I personally didn't bring any toiletries other than my face wash, toner and moisturizer. They didn't unplug me from everything until the last minute so I taking a shower was not gonna work. I did however scrub my face and brush my teeth and promptly jumped in the shower when I arrived home. I too sleep sans clothing so the cami/yoga pants is what I did too, except I wore a loose sun dress when I woke up which was nice (nothing rubbing or touching my tummy).

    ReplyDelete